Thursday, July 1, 2010

Surprise blessings . . .

Because of some back and hamstring issues, my neurologist ordered physical therapy for me. While I am not opposed to physical exercise, I have not, in the past, had the best results with physical therapy.
After my first meeting with "Dale", my physical therapist, I had reservations again about how this was going to go and I was not real excited about the scheduled six sessions I had to face over the next three weeks.
I returned a couple of days later for my next appointment and an amazing thing happened. As "Dale" was "torturing" me we talked about life, and his schooling, and his ex-girl friend, and God. Then, as I rolled off of the exercise cot and hobbled toward the door he asked me if I would like to pray with him. Wow, I thought, when is the last time I had a professional medical person ask me if I wanted to pray with them? Hum, can't seem to remember the last time.
That was two days ago and again today, after my "torture" treatment we went into an empty exam room and prayed together. What an awesome privilege and special blessing. God has not only brought a new brother into my life but also a new prayer partner.
Kind of reminds me of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
What an awesome God! Thank you Father!

2 comments:

  1. The question remains... is the torture working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh. . . let's see, how am I supposed to answer that question?????

    ReplyDelete